Sunday, April 20, 2008

Size matters

Anikó is feeling better and stronger with each day, 6 days now since her cholecystectomy, so we took a nice light walk in the morning, the kids on bike (of course).

The afternoon I've joined the other Gábor to skate some, in preparation for the half-marathon in May. I don't really remember whose idea it was to enter but with each day I feel like we are insane to try that :) The kids will have no problem finishing but as it looks now, we grown-ups will spend some time at each refreshing station to collect each and every bit of energy to continue.
We've covered about 1.6 miles on street and 30 laps on the track, then 1 more mile home - a half marathon is 117 laps. And I suffered all the way. I think it must be the boot, I falter in it. I don't feel safe, I must change it ASAP. In fact it is a Roces one, not a bad one at all, but it may be a little, very little bit too big. Some millimetres only, but too big.
Pfff, time to start trying new ones.

No comments: