Monday, September 7, 2009

Down down down

Negative thoughts below... be warned.

I am lacking training mileage this year. I am seriously down on schedule. I've even run more than I've skated :(
What has gone wrong? Busy weekends not allowing 2-3 hours of training? Financials not good for travelling to races?
Maybe the fact I can go & run some laps in the night in total darkness gives a hint why I've run more than skated. I wonder if I could do that on skates with a strong headlight like the ones you can buy for bikes? How do inline skaters in the Svalbards cope with the half-year-long darkness? :)

Speaking of schedule - I've planned to travel to Poprad this weekend for a HM but there was no-one to fill up the car, so it was definitely not worth it then (850 km). Then I've had the Kosice 20km race in my plans, but it conflicts with the last track race of the season. I really hoped to do at least 4 HMs this year, but now it is clear I won't be able to. Why don't we have any road races here in Hungary, just like Slovakia/Czech or Austria has??? The LifeInLine series has 4 races in September only...
That leaves track races to attend - we sure attend them as they are important for Peter. But track racing is not what I like. Too short distances, too many turns, I don't get the feeling of it and it is already finished. The other day I got out to some road practice and while the first 30 minutes were awful it all changed suddenly and the next 40 minutes I felt great. You can not do this on the track...

I've tried to do as many drills session as I could but I feel my technique is still just an inch above zero. I've run many slow kilometres to build up a good physical base. I've done intervals to get up to speed. And still I don't feel any development.
Now soon the cold weather & dark afternoons arrive and what to do then? Last year there was a gym we could use for indoors - about 4 times. Then nothing.

Training l'art pour l'art, without any races in sight is hard.

Whining ends here but I had to let it go.

No comments: