Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Marathon preparations

In fact half-marathon but the title sounds better that way :)

We had a long weekend again and I had the opportunity to trains some more on all 3 days.
Saturday and Sunday a qualified trainer joined us (the mum of Tomi, a kid racing in the same team as Péter) and she taught us 'beginners' a lot. I know I must learn quite a bit but damn, it was hard ;) Anyway I won't give up easily.
This way, practicing technique we covered 12 kms only on Saturday and about the same again on Sunday.
Then on Monday I hit the oval and covered 90 laps in 1:05 all by myself, that is 16.2 km so the goal I've set initially (finish the half-marathon) is easily covered I think. Now I think I should aim at covering it in 1:30. Or should it be 1:25? Ok, let it be 1:25. I put it down here so I won't be able to deny:

Target time for half-marathon 17/05/2008: 1:25

BTW Tomi wants to win the junior's event. Being 12 that is a nice goal but if all goes well he can do it. And when I told my son about it, his eyes turned toooooo bright... :)

No comments: